To make the urundai:
- Soak a cup of kadalai paruppu for about two hrs.Grind it without adding water.It need not be a smooth paste.
- Chop one onion,little ginger,2 or 3 green chillies.Mix it wit the ground mixture and make small balls from the mixture.
- Steam the urundai in idly plate if you are so conscious about health and diet.Or you can just deep fry and drain on a tissue paper.
To make the kulambu:
- Grind about 4 tbsp of cocunut with 1 tbsp of jeera to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan and saute half onion and 1 tomato.Then add about 1 tbsp chilli powder,2 tbsb coriander powder and the ground mixture and fry for a minute.
- Then add 2 or 3 cups of water and allow it to boil.Once it has thickened add the urundai and allow it to cook for another 10 mins on low flame.
Oil,mustard seeds and curry leaves.
fry separately and add to the kulambu.