March 10, 2013

Aval Upma


Today was the laziest Sunday I ever had. My day started with a tea made by my husband(Hurray!!!). I was surprised indeed. I was thinking what to do for breakfast. I really miss the food made by my amma. One of the best things a girl misses after her marriage is the food made by her mom. No matter how best the girl cooks, nothing can replace the lovely food made by mom. I was wondering which food I can make what amma makes. I wanted to spend only 5 minutes for cooking break fast today. The bulb glew.. And Idea!! Aval Upma. My mouth started recalling the taste of it made by amma. I thought to try for the same taste. I got 50% in it. The rest which was missing in it is the love of a mother.
                I used the medium size poha/aval for the upma. It is one of the easiest recipe I knew.
Ingredients:
Serves 2
Aval
3 cups
Coconut
2 tbsp
Mustard seeds
1 tbsp
Curry leaves
Few
Red chillies
2 or 3
Urad Dal
2 tbsp
Onion
Half finely chopped
Salt to taste


Method:
1.       Soak the aval for 2 mins and drain the water and keep aside.     
2.       Heat oil in a pan, splutter the mustard seeds. Then add the urad dal, curry leaves, red chillies and fry for a second.
3.       Add the onion and fry till it becomes transparent. Finally add the aval and fry for a min. Garnish with coconut and give a stir fry. Serve hot.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...