Finally i have mixed up so many recipes and made my own one.. but still it came out well.. and my maama ranked it 94/100.. so thought of sharing on blog..
Green chillies-2 or 3 slit lengthwise
Onion-2 large chopped roughly
Tomato-1 chopped roughly
Thick Cocunut milk-1 cup
Thin(second) cocunut milk-1 cup
Chilli powder-1.5 tsp
Coriander powder-3 tsp
Garam masala-3/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
Curry leaves-a spring
salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
- clean chicken and marinate with turmeric powder for about an hour
- In a pressure cooker pan,heat oil and add bay leaf.saute the chopped onion till it becomes transparent.Then add in the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes
- Then add in the grounded powder and fry for a min,add in all the masala powders and keep sauting.You can add water if its too dry to saute.
- Then add in the chicken pieces and fry for about a min.Then add the chopped tomatoes and the thin cocunut milk.Add water if the chicken pieces are not immersed.
- Add salt.Close the pressure cooker lid.Cook for about 5 whistles or roughly 10 mins.
- Once the pressure is released,Add in the thick cocunut milk and allow it to simmer till it reaches the desired consistency.Garnish with coriander leaves
I served it with plain dosai.. But will go well with chapathi and rice too :)